Where There Is Great Love, There Are Always Miracles.

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Hero of Mine

This is my nephew Dallin. I heard the coolest story about him today. A girl in his class at school was just diagnosed with cancer. So eight boys in the class, including Dallin, shaved their heads to show support for this little girl. (Dallin is just eight years old, and already able to make choices that are blessing the life of others.) She has started treatments, and like most lucky candidates, all her hair fell out. These boys didn't just buzz their heads, they shaved it all off. What a great feeling I got when I heard about my nephews service. I cried to think of the Christ-like love that he was willing to show. He has always been a sensitive and tender guy, I'm just so proud.

Anyone who wants to see the story on ksl here is the link.

Good Luck to my friend Kim, who just got some news of her own. Our prayers and love are going out to you Kim. Thanks for the courage and the example.

5 comments:

Jonathan Plowman said...

Wow. This is the first I have heard about Dallin doing this. He is an amazing kid with a big heart, that's for sure - and not just because he has helped me out of many Lego Batman jams.

Ginny said...

I just saw the story about this on the news and was thinking to myself about the stellar nature of these compassionate boys. I love that you are related to one of them.

Liv said...

That is so wonderful of him!!

bluestocking23 said...

That is just plain cool. What a great kid!

Hi Biz and Jeffy! (this is a message from your missing friend...Toby!) Love your blog!!!

Come and see me sometime: http://bluestocking23.blogspot.com

Peach said...

Wow! Now he's my hero too.