Anyway, the point was cemented for me a while ago. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. I have waited an undisclosed time to write the blog, in hopes of protecting those parties, as I don't want to hurt feelings. But it was just too funny to miss.
So many of you Office fans will remember that Pam went to Phyllis's wedding, and everything was what Pam had picked out. Yep. That's right. I went to a wedding and it was totally my wedding! They had it at the same location for their wedding dinner, same temple, same reception center, very similar table settings/ideas (but nowadays, how can you not, right?) and DA DA DA DA!!! same DRESS!!! I know what you are thinking, coincidence...maybe. But this is a friend, and they were there at our dinner and reception! Gasp! They weren't engaged at the time, so the only thing I can surmise is that I have great taste, right? Well, Jeff said that, but of course I had the same reaction as Pam: "That's MY Dress!"
Now it seems funny, but Jeff will attest to the fact that I did not have too much fun that night. Poor guy. Little did he know what he was getting into with me.
Now as a close, if any of you know the couple (which I don't think anyone will) please do not say anything. Please do not leave a comment with any names. I really don't want to hurt any feelings. Just enjoy the hilarity that is my life!
6 comments:
I KNOW the REAL reason you have waited as long as you have to share: you just wanted me out of the way before you announced me as the DWIGHT in your alternative life. You know, he is SMART and CAPABLE!....PAM!
Ha! How funny! They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I don't know who "they" are but I would be so freakin annoyed, not flattered. But it does make for a great story. :)
And this whole time I thought you were talking about your Halloween costume. . . . silly Bekah
ahhh...the dress thing happened to Missy, too. it was pretty intense. i'm glad you can find andn enjoy the humor of it all...even if it took an undisclosed amount of time!!!
I noticed that, too. Oh well. Your Mario Kart's happiness is all that Mario Karts.
Unbelievable!!! It's one thing to copy it, but it's another thing to do it without saying anything first! I hate that people either don't think things through or they think it through WAY too much. How annoying that she didn't even consider the fact that you could RECOGNIZE your own reception brought back to life, and so she didn't bother to mention it to you...or else she KNEW it was going to have an effect on you, and thinking it through too far she figured you'd make her change things and turn into a completely different person, so she chose not to have the confrontation. How hard is it to recognize the fact that you are a fantastic person, a stylish bride, and a grown-up, and that if she'd just talked to you abot it and even asked for your help, you would ALL have been much happier?
I fear for the future of our contry when I realize that's how most people think.
**I'm shaking my fist at Phyllis as we speak!**
That's so funny! You really do have great taste, and should take it as a compliment.
Post a Comment